Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipstick in Glaston-berry

3:36 pm

Hi lovelies!


I never rave about lipstick as I am allergic to most lip products and so I have limited options to choose from. And if you know me then you'll know that I always favour well-defined eyes over prominent lips. Regardless of all that, I have been craving the bold burgundy/berry lip recently and wanted to invest in a good lipstick that will suit me. After some speculation as to which lipstick to try and crossing off some brands off my list, I went ahead and tried Charlotte Tilbury's Matte Revolution lipstick in Glaston-berry.. Wow. That's all I can say. I am in love. This may be one of the few lipsticks that I am in fact not allergic to. But that's not why I am complimenting the lipstick so much. The product itself is amazing through and through. 
 
It has a square angled tip for more precise application

For starters, the application is great. It glides on seamlessly and coverage is great. It is very pigmented indeed. It is matte but does not look 'dry' on the lips and neither does it dehydrate the lips. It contains 'Lipstick Tree extract' - a natural antioxidant to protect the lips, and orchid extract to soothe and hydrate the lips. The lipstick is said to have '3D glowing pigments' to create the illusion of fuller lips. Staying power is amazing - I had it on for 8 hours before I took it off, so I'm certain it would've lasted longer if I had kept it on. I went for dinner and coffee too, and it still lasted through that! The intensity of the colour slightly fades throughout the day (as expected with any lip product) but overall coverage is brilliant. I was very impressed; there was no need to reapply throughout the day. It's a dark burgundy colour but can look more 'plum' and berry in certain lights (on my lips). 


This is what it looks like on me!
The lipstick retails at £23 and can be purchased here. I bought it from Selfridges though. Yes it is pricey compared to many brands (e.g. MAC) but you get what you pay for. Lipsticks last a long time anyway so it's really worth investing in a product you'll love and use for ages. For me anyway, the fact that it suited my lips and didn't cause irritation was a major reason that I bought this. If you also have sensitive lips then I recommend you try out a few different brands, particularly those that pay special attention to retaining the lip's moisture. People often say to me to check which ingredients I may be allergic to but, are you kidding me? Have you seen the list of nonsense names on the ingredients list? It's never ending! How would I possibly know what is causing my lips to react? Sigh. It's just a case of trial and error (and money wasted in the process). That is why I basically never buy lipstick because I just end up wasting my money and giving it away. 


Final conclusions! Would I buy this product again? Oh hell yes!! I am not disappointed at all and this lipstick has convinced me to try other CT products too (if any of you have tried her mascara or blusher, please let me know)! These lipsticks come in 10 beautiful shades, and I am looking forward to trying more soon.

This colour is perfect for this time of year (yay for autumn!) and I'm so excited to use it! You can try various looks with it. For evening wear, I am going to try a bold intense lip with just mascara and a thin layer of black top liner on the eyes, and soft rose blusher. For daytime, I'll do less application so I get lighter coverage with more prominent blusher on the cheeks and coloured eyeliner (depending on my outfit). 

Have you tried CT products before? What's your favourite lipstick brand?

Lots of berry love,
Ayesha xxx


You Might Also Like

31 comments

  1. This lippie is so gorgeous, this shade looks beautiful on you!

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the formula of these lipsticks, I own Amazing Grace but I think I might have to pick up Glastonberry next! It looks amazing & it suits you so well x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm getting series lipstick envy - this shade looks gorgeous on you! So good that you've found one you're not allergic to. Also, loving the Glastonbury pun, top marks to Charlotte Tilbury for that!

    Helen xx
    Hels Yeah | Fashion & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this lipstick is absolutely stunning on you! the warm plum shade is so perfect for autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post dear! I love your blog:)

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this colour is amazing!! Love the way it looks on you. Great post. Xx
    The Style Icon

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a nice blog! Keep up a good work! <3

    Maybe you want to follow each other via gfc?
    Let me know on my blog & I'll follow back right away.
    x
    http://www.spaventaremoda.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am drooling over this color. I'm really glad you had such a positive experience given your allergy to most other products. Wishing you a terrific weekend! :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning colour! I've been thinking about trying a Charlotte Tilbury lipstick and I think I'll have to go and swatch this! Looks great on you Ayesha!

    Asmaa xx || AsmaaWrites

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a £30 voucher at the minute and keep putting this in my online basket then removing it, wondering if it’s just more or less the same as all my other colours this kind of shade x

    Hayley @ Tea Party Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool story!! I am so sorry about your lip allergy, I guess I'd never thought that people could be allergic to lipstick, but obviously this makes sense now. I, truthfully, just started wearing it maybe 6 months ago. It's pretty fun how much it can change your look, and you found a wonderful color! I love it. You look beautiful in it :)

    XOXO
    http://www.kellmenow.com/blog/
    https://www.facebook.com/kellmenow?fref=ts
    https://instagram.com/kell_menow/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this lipstick looks absolutely gorgeous! I've been wanting to get my hands on a Charlotte Tilburry lipstick for ages and glastonberry is so pretty!!

    Love, Kerstin
    http://missgetaway.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The color is so stunning. Love your blog so much. Hope you have a great day, xo Teng

    itsjustteng.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never tried their products before, but I really want to. My favourite lipsticks are from GoldenRose, I think they are very nice and cheap. You should try them :)

    http://mynameissylwia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This lipstick looks gorgeous on you! I also love the packaging :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  16. You just reminded me that I wanted to get berry colored lipstick on my way home today so thank you! haha I was sitting here thinking "crap what was I going to pick up today?" Basically you're a hero :) Anyways, I LOVE this shade!! it looks so perfect on you, too!! I love that you mentioned it's long lasting, that's my biggest reason why I don't wear lip stick very much so that is sooooo good to know! Thank you for this review! It's very helpful! :)
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great review! This lipstick looks stunning and it suits you so well! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello!! amazing post !!!
    would you like to follow each other ? follow me and I will follow you immediately !!! see you soon
    kiss
    http://loryschannelmakeupandbeauty.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fun color to play with for fall! Love it!

    xoxo, Christina

    Stray Birds and Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi :) this color is so so beautiful ! Zoella has this lipstick and it's amazing <3 have a nice day.

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these lipstick! they're my fave at the moment :) amazing review!

    Check ou my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! I love your blog. I hope you will like mine
    Many kisses
    http://instagram.com/ladyfur?/ref=badge
    www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really want to try some of the Matte Revolution shades they're so pretty!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven't tried Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks before but I love the colour of this one and it's so autumnal!

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. This shade suits you so much! I've actually wanted this one for a while now, CT lipsticks sound so good!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. gosh!! This shade is beautiful! You look lovely wearing it :) I really want it now <3
    Ramsha | Rose
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing bland of lipstick! Its looks so good on you! Generous! xx

    www.magnificentforest.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like the look on you! Glad you like it ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the color and it sounds like a great lipstick. You are right they are an investment! I really like your blog, I'm following you now on gfc. Checkout my blog and if you like it follow me too. Let's keep in touch!

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! Feel free to leave your blog link so I can check it out, but please no follow-for-follow requests! ♥