Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

7:47 pm

Hey lovelies!

After being loyal to my MAC Opulash mascara for a number of years, I decided it was time to take the risk and try a new one. I'd been considering different ones, of which the Lancôme Hypnôse and Benefit They're Real mascara's came close, but in the end I settled with one that I'd been itching to buy.. Too Faced Better Than Sex! I will start off by saying that I don't like it's name.. na uh! A little naughty don't you think? Well regardless of the name, I bought it and oh my.. I was very happy! MAC Opulash always does a fantastic job, but I think this mascara maybe beat it by close call. Here is my eye (wow, that sounds so casually random if you read it out loud!)



I haven't used an eyelash curler, used extensions or done anything else to my lashes.. literally just put the mascara on. I only put on one coat, and one dip of the brush was enough for both eyes. Thankfully I was very content with the result, something which I was very anxious about! It's not a cheap mascara (£19) so if it wasn't good I would have been so disappointed. I have also never tried Too Faced products before, so that was another thing.

Now onto the packaging! Well, it comes in a box (oo snazzy) and the tube is super PINK! Also, it is quite a heavy tube, but I guess that's done purposely to give it an 'expensive' feel.




The brush is also great. I think a good mascara is not only dependent on the formula, but also the brush. Too Faced BTS does not let you down. It is an hourglass shape with different sized bristles all around. They are nicely spaced so it's not a struggle to coat all lashes. 




Mascara, like every other makeup product does work differently on everyone - it also depends on what suits your own lashes and what kind of effect you want to achieve. In a lot of reviews I read people were complaining about the mascara getting clumpy.. well I never had that problem. Obviously if you're going to do 50 coats and load the brush up, it will clump. Just be wise and use it like you would any other mascara. If you don't 'expect' great results straight away and use it like normal, it will work just fine. Some people think it's going to be a dramatic transformation and get a bit excited and frantically coat their lashes.. haha. Also, I find that one evenly done coat works much better than multiple unevenly spread coats. That's what contributes to the clumping!

So there you go! I got mine from Debenhams (link here) as Boots don't stock it for some strange reason. Let me know if you've used this mascara or any other Too Faced products before. And of course as always let me know if you have any other recommendations for mascaras that you think are better than this! :)

Love and hugs,
Ayesha xxx

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. That name - haha! It looks amazing though, I definitely want to try it. I prefer Lancôme Hypnôse to They're Real. :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic on you! You said you didn't curl your lashes... are they naturally curly or did the mascara do this by itself? I would love to know! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My lashes are naturally quite long but they aren't that curly. I believe the mascara bought the curl and as they are long the curl was more prominent :) Hope that helps. x

      Delete
  3. Your eyelashes look gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! Feel free to leave your blog link so I can check it out, but please no follow-for-follow requests! ♥