The Body Shop seaweed range ♥ part 2

12:18 pm

Hey beauties!

In a previous post (found here) I raved about many products from TBS's seaweed collection for combination skin. I had mentioned that I will be trying their other three products (mattifying day cream, mattifying moisture lotion SPF 15, and the pore perfector) and will do a post soon. Well this is it!

Mattifying day cream:
Oh my goodness.. this is an AMAZING product. I'll be honest; I actually have tried this before when I bought a travel set of the seaweed range. I didn't like it then, or the smell. However, as far as I'm aware this has been reformulated (you can definitely see that with the change in consistency and texture) and I LOVE IT. Firstly, it smells like the rest of the range, which it didn't before. Secondly, it's much easier to apply as it's a lighter lotion. Thirdly, it mattifies so well! And, it doesn't dry out the dryer parts of my face. Basically, it does exactly what it says. I am so pleased with this, and I know I will be repurchasing this many times.. It is pricey for your average face cream, but it's so good that it's worth it, plus, you only need the tiniest amount and it covers really well - It's £11 for 50ml - but keep an eye out for the regular offers that TBS do!

 
Mattifying moisture lotion SPF 15:
Okay.. this is not for me, I found it way too greasy and it didn't absorb very well. I was told by the sales rep that this is basically the same as the day cream, only difference is that it has SPF. If that is the case then I really don't see the point in purchasing this for myself instead of the day cream, because it doesn't really mattify and leaves me with a sticky face (I presume the SPF is making it greasy). Besides, it's not like we have extensive sun in the UK, so if I want sun protection I will wear it separately. This is priced at £12 for 50ml.

Pore perfector 
This is a great product. I have noticed that my pores seem smaller and my skin looks more even. It smells good just like the other products too. It is a very small amount (15ml) for the price you pay (£12), but you are only supposed to apply a little at a time. I don't personally use too much anyway, as if you apply more your face can seem sticky (though it won't appear it). I only use this on my nose and on my forehead. Generally, I would repurchase this, but, I've noticed that with regular use of the seaweed products my pores/oil are under control and if I don't use the pore perfector it doesn't matter. 


Basically, TBS - if you are listening, thank you for making this range! I always find it disappointing when you spend a lot and the product fails to do what it says. Obviously, this is not the case here. I'm going to be a loyal seaweeder (I totally just made that word up)!

Love and hugs,
Ayesha xxx


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. great blog post :)

    you have a lovely blog here

    come say hi http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Body Shop's Seaweed products! My favourite is the "Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator". If you haven't tried it I would totally recommend it!
    Also, I nominated your blog for a Liebster award, you can find the post about it here:
    http://www.nailparade.co.uk/2014/10/liebster-award.html
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love most of The Body Shop products, but haven't tried any of the seaweed collection yet, but the pore perfector sounds amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the change of formula is more impressive now, there's nothing worse than ill-smelling body products! On a sidenote, I can't stand it when the recipes to my favourite foods are changed though haha! Anyway, I have always wanted to try a seaweed product so I'll have to look into this! Have a wonderful week ahead.. :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk
    - I follow back on bloglovin' -

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog! :)
    Would you check out my last post?
    uniqueniceoriginal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! Feel free to leave your blog link so I can check it out, but please no follow-for-follow requests! ♥