The Body Shop tea tree oil

2:21 pm

Hello lovelies!


I get the occasional few hormonal spots on my face, and while I normally do nothing to get rid of them, I decided to try something new this time. When I was younger I tried a few spot creams (which were useless) and tried toothpaste overnight too (which seemed to help), but when I started uni I started to just let them heal naturally. 

I decided to try a more 'natural' remedy and bought TBS tea tree oil as I had heard positive reviews. Well.. it actually did absolutely nothing for my spots. Not going to lie, I would have completely stopped using this product BUT, I decided to try this overnight on my t-zone. I put some onto a cotton pad and gently pressed it on my nose and forehead before I went to sleep. I woke up with a wonderfully matte t-zone! I have TBS seaweed night treatment (review here) which failed do this. I don't have very oily skin at all and the rest of the seaweed range works great with me, so I was a little disappointed. This, however, has been wonderful and I think it has reduced the size of my pores too. 

I don't plan to use this every day, as I think it will balance oil/pores well after a few overnight uses. Plus, I have sensitive skin and as it's not too oily, I don't want to over dry it. I think using it a few nights a week should keep my skin in balance. Also, as the colder weather is approaching my t-zone will start to calm down itself.


I think it is reasonably priced at £7 (10ml), but I guess the value for money depends on what you use it for. If you are to use it every day for the whole face to combat oil, it won't last very long and will seem expensive. If you are just buying it for spots then it's great value. If you are only going to use it occasionally just for your t-zone, it should last a good amount of time.

It doesn't smell great, which is why I would recommend to only really use this overnight. Many people have mentioned they find the nozzle to be impractical; personally I have had no problems at all and quite like it. For spots I would press a cotton bud to the nozzle and get a few drops. Or, I would get a cotton pad and drip some drops on that. Nothing too difficult in my opinion. The nozzle is small but that is GOOD. A larger nozzle would mean more product would come out when it is not needed, wasting the oil.

Do any of you have any tips for how to get rid of spots? Would you discourage using anything? Please share your views!

Love and hugs,
Ayesha xxx

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I have definitely heard a lot about this oil! Personally I really like tea tree oil shampoo, but I've never tried it for anything else so I'll have to give it a try!

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds nice for the price :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I'm glad you found a purpose for it! I wish I could find a decent spot cream.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love tea tree, its great for dabbing on a blemish when you want clear skin quickly! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! Feel free to leave your blog link so I can check it out, but please no follow-for-follow requests! ♥