The Body Shop seaweed range ♥

2:18 pm

Hello lovelies!

I think it's essential to give your skin proper care, especially when you are young as what you do to your skin now can impact what your skin is like when you're old(er). 


The Body Shop are well known for their good quality body and skin care products, and the seaweed line definitely lives up to expectations. This range is for combination skin, so a mix of normal/dry/oily. I only get a fairly oily t-zone; the rest of my face is generally normal (but can get dry during colder months). I've felt these products have really benefited my skin, also helping to manage spots. Plus, they all smell DIVINE - it's the most fresh and relaxing scent to me and I look forward to using them! I say that because, I have experienced using bad smelling skin care products which have been a nightmare. 



The toner and cleanser are refreshing and purifying. They balance levels of oil without being too drying. They remove any traces of left over make-up and impurities. In fact, they work wonders for my skin. These two products, I am never without! They are well priced at £8.50 for 200ml each.

The clay mask is HEAVEN. I just can't rave enough about it. Firstly, I am not someone who uses face masks; it was by chance I thought I would give this a try as I was using most of the products in this line. I was pleasantly surprised. It's very easily applied, smells great, dries quick, doesn't irritate my skin, and is easy to remove (wet face and massage it off). Definitely controls oil a lot, as it is quite drying. I have to lightly moisturise the dry areas (my cheeks mainly) afterwards. I've also noticed that when I use it before a spot breakout, it prevents the spots from surfacing with pain and redness! Miracle! Not only that, my skin looks SUPER clean and fresh too. Basically, this is a wonder product. Yes, it is a little pricey at £13 (100ml), but I use it once every few weeks and only a small amount is required, so I think you get your money's worth.


I have almost finished the tub! Need to get some more!
I first tried the night treatment when I bought a travel set of the seaweed collection. I liked it at the time so I re-purchased it. I haven't actually finished it the second time round - maybe as I didn't think it was doing much. I have been using this regularly but I have still not gotten any worthy results. It feels good when you put it on, it's not too drying and mattifies after application (before bed). But, I haven't noticed a follow on affect for the morning. It doesn't seem to do anything different/better than the mattifying day cream (link here), which I use at night instead now. That's unfortunate as I wish the results were better because it is relatively pricey (£12 for 30ml). I have found TBS tea tree oil work better for this job (link here).
From the seaweed range I have also tried the pore-cleansing exfoliator and facial wash. The exfoliator is a very good product, but on me it doesn't exfoliate as well as my St. Ives face scrub (which is much cheaper with a larger quantity). The facial wash is also a very good product; the only problem was that it irritated my eyes and seemed a little too drying for my skin.

Overall, if you have combination skin I would recommend that you try these products; you might find a new skin saviour like I did! Naturally, everyone's skin is different and products might not 'work' the same or even suit you like they did me.. I have only shared my personal experience!

Have you tried any of The Body Shop's skin care products? Which are your favourite?

Lots of love and seaweed freshness,
Ayesha xxx

UPDATE: here is the link to part 2 of the seaweed range.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I agree that how we treat our skin now determines how it'll treat us in the future! I love The Body Shop products and these products look so interesting; the tub mixture looks so creamy.. thanks heaps for this review! :)

    http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/
    - I follow back on Bloglovin' -

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I nominated you for The Liebster Award. Check it out on my blog :)

    http://uniqueniceoriginal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeep, this face mask sounds amazing! I think I'm going to put it on my shopping list, it's much more affordable than GlamGlow!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely want to give this line a go! Thanks for the suggestion and also we love your blog! Would you like to follow each other? If so just let us know :) xx

    www.junkjournal100.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking all over where I can find The Body Shop locally! I would love to try these products!

    http://everythingsalwayssunny.com
    Kristin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! Feel free to leave your blog link so I can check it out, but please no follow-for-follow requests! ♥